This poor quilt has been kicking my butt for a couple of months now. Yes, I hurt my back, and yes, I had surgery (not related to the bad back), but it should have been done long ago. It is not a lovely quilt, and it was full of problems, but it had that old-time feel to it and I wanted to do a nice job. I had to add padding to the C- and D-cups, as it was very droopy.
I decided against quilting the sashing, as it was so ripply, I figured I’d just create a whole sea of puckers. I finally finished it this evening. Definitely not my finest quilting job, but I feel good that I made it look as good as I could and it’s fairly flat with very few puckers.
The middle of the blocks have little freehand feathered wreaths in them. They are all different sizes and shapes — not all the middles were exactly circular. I did mark the center spine with steam-out white pen, so it looks really thready, as I haven’t steamed yet.
I can’t wait to put this sucker in the box and send it back. I just hope my friend in Kentucky likes it!!
And now that you’ve looked at the pictures, you’ve discovered my awful secret. I generally quilt fancy, because I can’t stipple worth a darn. My brain just can’t figure out which way to go! 😉